Liberty County DUI Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against DUI Charges in Georgia
Facing a DUI charge can be a distressing and overwhelming experience. If you or a loved one are dealing with a DUI case in Georgia, you need dedicated legal representation that can navigate the complexities of Georgia DUI laws. Our team of experienced Liberty County DUI lawyers is here to provide you with the guidance, support, and aggressive defense you need during this challenging time.
Call Pirkle & Pirkle Law today at (912) 205-5038 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our DUI attorney in Liberty County!
Georgia DUI Laws
Understanding the legal framework surrounding DUI charges in Georgia is crucial. Like all states, Georgia has strict laws regarding driving under the influence. According to Georgia Code Title 40, Chapter 6, a person is considered to be driving under the influence if their blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is 0.08% or higher. For commercial drivers, the limit is even lower at 0.04% BAC, and for drivers under the age of 21, any detectable alcohol in their system can result in a DUI charge.
What are the Penalties for a DUI in Georgia?
The penalties for a DUI conviction in Georgia are severe and can have long-lasting consequences. These penalties become more severe with each subsequent DUI conviction. For a first-time DUI offense, you could face:
- Fines: Fines ranging from $300 to $1,000.
- License Suspension: Your driver's license could be suspended for up to 1 year.
- Probation: Up to 12 months of probation.
- Mandatory DUI School: Completing a DUI Alcohol or Drug Risk Reduction Program.
- Community Service: Mandatory community service hours.
- Ignition Interlock Device: Installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
For subsequent DUI offenses, the penalties become even more severe, including longer license suspensions, higher fines, mandatory jail time, and more.
Defenses Against DUI Charges in Georgia
Being charged with a DUI doesn't necessarily mean you are guilty. Our experienced Liberty County DUI lawyers are skilled at examining the details of each case to build a strong defense. Some common defenses against DUI charges include:
- Improper Stop: If law enforcement did not have a valid reason to stop your vehicle, evidence from that stop might be inadmissible.
- Field Sobriety Tests: We can challenge the accuracy and reliability of field sobriety tests, which are subjective and can be influenced by various factors.
- Breathalyzer Accuracy: Breathalyzer devices are not infallible, and their results can be affected by various external factors. We can investigate the maintenance and calibration of the device used in your case.
- Rights Violations: If your rights were violated during your arrest, such as improper questioning or illegal search and seizure, we could work to suppress any evidence obtained through these violations.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions can mimic the signs of intoxication, leading to false DUI accusations.
Contact Our Liberty County DUI Attorney Today
At Pirkle & Pirkle Law, our dedicated team of Liberty County DUI lawyers is committed to providing aggressive and strategic defense for individuals facing DUI charges. We understand the impact a DUI conviction can have on your life, and we are here to help you navigate the legal process confidently.
Contact Pirkle & Pirkle Law today to schedule a consultation with our DUI lawyer in Liberty County!
We proudly support our U.S. troops and appreciate the dedicated and devoted service to our country. Personally, we come from military families and we understand the intricate legal needs that you can face.
46 Years of Combined Experience!
Wide Variety of Legal Needs Serviced
3 Convenient Locations in Southeast Georgia