Criminal Defense Lawyers Serving Liberty County, GA
Dedicated Service from Our Offices in Hinesville, Ludowici & Jesup
Being accused or charged with a criminal offense is one of the most intimidating and frightening experiences you can face. A criminal conviction and even sometimes the charge alone can damage your reputation, put stress on family, personal, and professional relationships, and threaten your freedom and future. Once convicted, you may be facing jail or prison time, hefty fines, extended periods of probation, community service, loss of your license, or other court-ordered programs. You will also move forward with a permanent criminal record that can affect your ability to get employment, professional licenses, educational aid, and even housing and can negatively impact immigration issues for noncitizens.
At such a difficult time, you need a trusted legal representative in your corner as soon as possible. You will want someone whose sole purpose is to protect your legal rights, ensure that you are treated fairly, and who will give you the best chance of a favorable outcome. At Pirkle & Pirkle Law, we have been doing just that in thousands of cases for decades. As longstanding professionals in the local Southeast Georgia area, our firm has been a proud advocate for those accused of all types of criminal offenses, from drug possession to assault and homicide. We understand Georgia law, the criminal court procedures, and how to work within the system to help get charges dismissed or reduced, sentences reduced, alternate sentencing, and other optimum outcomes.
Accused of a crime? Talk to a Liberty County criminal defense attorney about your case in a free, initial evaluation. Contact us today.
Criminal Charges in Georgia
Criminal charges in Georgia can include misdemeanors, aggravated or high misdemeanors, as well as felonies.
Our firm represents individuals in all of these charges, including cases involving:
- DUI: Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Drug Possession: of all controlled substances, from marijuana to cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and more as well as obtaining medical prescriptions through fraud
- Traffic Offenses: such as reckless or aggressive driving, driving on a suspended or revoked license, speeding, vehicular manslaughter, and more as well as facing an accumulation of demerit points on your driving record which can lead to the loss of your license
- Assault: whether simple or aggravated
- Battery: whether simple or aggravated
- Domestic Violence: including stalking, harassment, and violations of restraining orders
- Shoplifting: (theft of goods valued at $300 or less) and other forms of theft (theft of goods valued at $500 or less as a misdemeanor or above $500 as potential felony)
- White Collar Crimes: such as identity theft, writing bad checks, forgery, credit card fraud, bank fraud, embezzlement
- Homicide: voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, murder
In all criminal cases, how you are charged and the penalties you will face will depend on the type of offense you allegedly committed, the extend of harm inflicted on victims, whether a deadly weapon was used, and your prior criminal history, if any. However, in all cases in Georgia, a conviction will subject you to mandatory minimum sentences as established by law.
Georgia misdemeanor convictions will result in up to a year in jail with fines of up to $1,000. Aggravated or high misdemeanor convictions will lead to up to a year in jail with fines of up to $5,000. Felonies will result in a year or more up to life in prison with fines ranging from $1,000 upwards to many thousands of dollars.
Work with an Established & Respected Law Firm
In the face of a criminal conviction, the best action you can take is to enlist the services of a seasoned litigator who can guide you through the legal process with knowledge, skill, and care. At Pirkle & Pirkle Law, our Liberty County criminal defense attorneys will take steps to investigate every avenue of defense on your behalf to put you in the best position. With thousands of investigations and charges handled and a wealth of experience both inside and outside the courtroom, your case will be in the hands of professionals you can trust.
Get the legal assistance you need in the face of criminal charges by contacting us online.
We proudly support our U.S. troops and appreciate the dedicated and devoted service to our country. Personally, we come from military families and we understand the intricate legal needs that you can face.
46 Years of Combined Experience!
Wide Variety of Legal Needs Serviced
3 Convenient Locations in Southeast Georgia